All cars are an investment, but not all of them have a lot of resale value. Recent data has shown that people drive their cars for nearly 12 years on average. Whether you ran your car into the ground or the repairs simply aren’t worth it anymore, getting rid of your junk car can net you some cash in Memphis, TN. Read on to learn more about how you can get the most cash out of your unwanted junker:
- Find out the resale or parts value: When it’s finally time to say goodbye, don’t be too hasty. If your car still runs, even a little, you are likely to be able to sell it, trade it in or sell it for parts. Ask your friendly local mechanic whether it’s worth it to mine the car for components or if you should get rid of it another way. Their professional opinion could mean more cash for you.
- Sell or trade in: If you’re getting rid of your car and buying a new one, you can always trade it in to get a discount on the new vehicle. The dealership will assess your car and give you a quote, which you can either accept or decline. (This is why it’s useful to get a mechanic’s opinion first—you’ll know what’s fair and what’s a lowball offer.) Alternatively, if the car still runs, try selling it online. Just make sure you have all the paperwork so you can transfer the title.
- Donate to charity: Many charities will take your junk car away for free and give you a tax-deductible receipt for the value of the vehicle. This can be applied to your income taxes—or you can just do it to support your favorite local nonprofit.
- Sell for parts: Rather than selling the whole car, you can try selling it for parts. Most of the time, the individual parts are worth more than the car itself, with particular value attached to the tires, rims, body panels, electronics and even the windows. After the parts are sold, you can sell the metal to a scrap metal company for even more money. This method takes a little time, but it’s often the best way to maximize the cash value.
- Sell to a junk car remover: Finally, you can sell your junk car to a junk car buyer like Lester’s Cash For Junk Cars in Memphis, TN. We’ll evaluate your vehicle and give you an estimate. If you accept our offer, we’ll come to your location and haul the car away for you, leaving you with cold hard cash and some extra space in your driveway. For anyone strapped for time, this is the easiest and fastest way to get rid of your old car and make some money in the process!
Lester’s Cash For Junk Cars is a junk car buyer in Memphis, TN that offers fair market value for your junk cars. Call us today to get the quick and easy process started, and let us haul your junker away!