Every vehicle will eventually come to the end of the road. Unless you’re driving a classic car with serious restoration potential, there usually comes a time at which it costs more to repair and maintain a vehicle than it’s worth. Do you really want to spend thousands of dollars on a new engine if you’ll only get under a grand when you wind up selling it? At that point, you might need to look into junk car removal. Luckily, you can get cash for junk cars. Here are the signs it’s time to junk your car:
- Your family has outgrown the car: Congratulations on your new additions—but will they all fit in your old car? The vehicle you bought for your single years might not be the right car for your family days. If you have too many family members for one small vehicle, it’s time to consider junking the old one and upgrading. At the very least, you’ll never hear “I’m not touching her, Mom!” for a while.
- You spend more and more on repairs: When your car starts costing more to repair and maintain than it’s worth, it might just be time to start fresh. Junking your car will allow the good parts to be recycled for another use, while you drive around in something newer and safer.
- You don’t enjoy driving the car: Sometimes owners just don’t enjoy driving their cars anymore, especially when they’re getting older. They might not handle as well. Maybe the power locks have stopped working and you can’t roll down the rear passenger window. It’s too expensive to repair, but it also makes you dread your daily commute. Why not get rid of your old junker and move onto something you love to drive?
- The body is rusty: Rust is a car’s arch enemy. If left untreated, it will eat away at your vehicle’s body until there’s nothing left. Instead of trying to patch up rust issues all over the car, junk it and get some cash to put toward your new vehicle.
- You’ve driven over 150,000 miles: When your car passes that 150,000-mile mark, it’s time to get rid of it. After 150,000 miles, the vehicle value drops even farther. Cars are already a depreciating asset—no new owner wants to buy something that well traveled. If you’ve had your car for hundreds of thousands of miles, it’s time to junk it and move on.
- The safety rating leaves something to be desired: Finally, your car may not be safe to drive anymore—which means that not only should you stop driving it, but no other driver should try, either. A bad safety rating will make your old junker a lot harder to sell.
If you’ve noticed any of these signs, it’s a good time to junk your car. Lester’s Cash for Junk Cars will give you cash for your junk car, and our junk car removal services are free. Call us today to learn more about how you can get money trading in your old junker.