No one likes goodbyes, especially when you’re bidding farewell to your ride—but sometimes selling your old junker to a junk car removal service in Memphis, TN is the best way to get rid of your car and get some cash at the same time. It’s important that you find the best company to work with. Not all junk car buyers are created equal. Here’s how to find a good one:
- Do your homework first: Before you start searching for junk car buyers, do your homework. Get the title and registration together, and find out how much your car might be worth. (The Kelley Blue Book can be helpful here.) Knowing the condition of your car is important—if there are a lot of salvageable parts, you might be able to get a better price. While prices always depend on a number of factors, these factors will at least give you a ballpark figure.
- Find local junk car buyers: Next, research local junk car buyers like Lester’s Cash for Junk Cars. Picking a buyer nearby is important—many companies will only tow and buy cars within a certain radius. You can search for local companies online, then check their reviews to see if their clients are happy with the service and the experience. Once you’ve collected a few names, get ready to call and ask a few questions.
- Ask how long the process will take: Next, find out how the buying process works and how long it usually takes to complete. If you need cash right away, this might affect your decision—some buyers will insist on inspections, while others will tow your car and pay you on the spot, no questions asked.
- Inquire about rates: Not all junkyards pay the same rates, so be sure to inquire about how much you can expect to recoup for your car. Shop around in your local area to ensure you get the best deal for your junk car—and keep in mind that other factors, like towing, may determine whether their rate is a good deal.
- Find out if the company will tow your car: Speaking of towing, make sure you know who is responsible for picking up or delivering your car. Ideally, you’ll find a company that offers free towing from your address. Not all junk car buyers offer this service, and the last thing you want is to be saddled with additional fees that cut into your payment.
- Ask what the buyer will do with the parts: Finally, find out what your buyer will do with the car and its parts. They may sell it for scrap, salvage usable parts or recycle the metal and glass. All of these are great options that help keep car parts out of the landfill.
These tips should help you find a great buyer when you want cash for your junk cars in Memphis, TN. To learn more about Lester’s Cash for Junk Cars services and rates, give us a call today. We look forward to working with you!