Having an old, broken-down car sitting in your driveway or out in your yard is an eyesore—and we’re willing to bet your neighbors don’t like looking at it.
Besides making your neighbors happy, there are quite a few reasons you should get rid of a junk car.
Keep reading to learn why you need to get rid of any old vehicles and how to sell a junk car:
- Attract nuisances: The only people who like your junk car are the neighborhood kids looking for a thrill. Kids are known to play around in old cars or even break the windows if they’re looking to get into some mischief. Removing your car is the only way to get kids to stop messing around with it.
- Pest magnets: Rats, mice and other pests are also fond of junk cars. They’re known to make nests under the hood or even inside the cabs or trunks of old vehicles. These rodents don’t just stay there, though. You could be looking at a full-blown infestation inside your house if that car is parked too close to your house.
- Leaking fluids: Depending on how old the car is, it could still be leaking antifreeze, brake fluid, oil or even gasoline. These fluids can stain your driveway and present an environmental hazard if the car is parked in your yard. Remove the junk car right away to prevent leaks from occurring on your property.
- Eroding paint: Sunlight, rain, sleet and snow are known to chip off car paint, especially if the car sits outside for prolonged periods. Chipped paint is another environmental concern, and it can make your vehicle harder to refurbish if you plan on restoring it.
- Property devaluation: Finally, keeping a junk car outside drives down your property value and your neighbors’ home value. Even if you’re not looking to sell your house, you should clean up the junk car to help your neighbors out.
How to sell a junk car
We’ve found that folks don’t get rid of their old vehicles because they don’t know how. Luckily for them, our team at Lester’s Cash for Junk Cars makes it as easy as can be. Here’s all you need to do to get cash for junk cars:
- Call to get a quote: First, pick up the phone and call us to get an estimate for your old car. We provide a fair market value for vehicles in any condition—it doesn’t even need to run for us to buy it.
- Schedule pickup: Since many junk cars aren’t drivable, we come to your house (or wherever the car is located) to pick it up for you. Just give us a time that’s convenient for you, and we’ll be there.
- Get your cash: Right before our drivers pick up your car, we hand you your cash. You don’t even need the title to receive a fair market value for your junk car.
If you’re ready to get cash for junk cars, call our team to sell your car today. We guarantee you’ll be surprised at how much money you can get for that old rust bucket.